The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced the resumption of its nationwide voter registration exercise, opening what it describes as the third and final phase ahead of the next electoral cycle.
In a statement issued on Tuesday, INEC said the Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) process will restart on 11 May 2026 and run until 10 July, offering a renewed opportunity for eligible citizens to enroll.
The commission, through its information and voter education committee chaired by Mohammed Haruna, said the exercise had been briefly paused in April to allow for a clean-up of the voter register following its publication for claims and objections.
“With the resumption of this phase, Nigerians who have attained the age of 18, as well as those who missed earlier rounds, are encouraged to come forward and register,” the statement said.
INEC also urged existing voters to take advantage of the window to update their records, including transferring registration, replacing lost or damaged permanent voter cards, or correcting personal details through its online portal or at offices nationwide.
As part of the statutory process, the commission said the provisional register would be displayed between 23 and 29 July for public scrutiny, allowing citizens to raise objections and verify entries.
Describing the exercise as critical to electoral credibility, INEC said it had concluded all necessary preparations and called on Nigerians to participate.
“We once again appeal to all eligible citizens to present themselves for registration and to play their part in strengthening the foundation of our electoral process,” the commission said.



